The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a non-partisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public on issues with significant fiscal policy impact. Our bipartisan leadership comprises some of the nation's leading budget experts, including many past heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Reserve Board.
The Administrative Assistant will support the senior management team on a variety of tasks including event planning & logistics, scheduling, operational support and other projects as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and handling logistics for public and private events
- Scheduling internal office meetings including all-staff meetings and events
- Maintaining office wide events calendar
- Assisting the Chief of Staff with internal project management
- Assisting with scheduling and coordination of Board of Directors meetings
- Providing operational support including ordering supplies and troubleshooting office equipment
- Assisting the President and senior staff with travel schedules
- Assisting with external stakeholder engagement
- Assisting the database administrator with database integrity and data entry
- Special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational skills, proofreading skills, high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and priorities in a fast-paced environment where efficient and effective collaboration is essential
- Comfortable communicating with high level managers
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- BA or BS
- Previous experience working on the Hill, in a think tank or foundation preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
This position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary package is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.