The Launch of the Campaign to Fix the Debt
Update: C-SPAN has uploaded a video of the event. You can view it here.
Today, CRFB is helping to launch the Campaign to Fix the Debt at the National Press Club.
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is a broad, bipartisan coalition that will work with the American people to take on the urgent task of encouraging Congress and the President to pass comprehensive reforms to control our national debt. Members of the coalition come from a wide variety of political and professional backgrounds, but what unites them is the belief that the country's rising debt threatens our security, standard of living, and economic strength.
The event, which starts at 2 pm, will feature many prominent speakers, including:
- Dave Cote, CEO, Honeywell
- Erskine Bowles, Co-Chair, President's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform
- Larry Fink, CEO, BlackRock
- Senator Judd Gregg, Co-Chair, The Campaign to Fix the Debt
- Maya MacGuineas, President, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Steven Rattner, Chairman, Willett Advisors
- Governor Ed Rendell, Co-Chair, The Campaign to Fix the Debt
- Alice Rivlin, Former Director, OMB, Founding Director, CBO
- Paul Stebbins, CEO, World Fuel Services
- Ambassador Bob Zoellick